Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our cooking class in Norcia.


Thursday, April 26, 2012

Early in the morning we went to the market held in Norcia.  I was looking for another bag to put all my new extra stuff in, but didn't find one there that I liked.  I finally found one in a small store that sold all sorts of things, like socks and duffle bags, a small department store, to which I later referred some nuns who needed new stockings.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the market; I was on the mad hunt for that bag.

Around 10 am, we joined Flavio for our Norcia cooking class in what used to be, many years ago, the barn.

 
We made all sorts of goodies:  lentil soup, risotto,  pasta, and tomato sauce.

Lentils cooking.
The beginnings of lentil soup.

Did you know that it's not necessary to stir risotto?

Beautiful colors.
Jamie is checking out the progress of the risotto.
The finished product:  lovely saffron risotto.

Simple, simple tomato sauce.



Jamie and Marilyn look either askance or really impressed.


Batter up:  Pasta time.







What a delicious lunch this was.


No comments:

Post a Comment